Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:32:31 -0800
From:      Ken Ingram <kingram@ipro.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding Hard Drives - Prepping

I understand slices,partitions,filesystems and mounting. In fact the histrionics
I've gone through to simply add 1Gb to a newsserver has been quite instructional
I will actually have something to contribute when all is said and done.

Is devfs something about 'device file system' or something thereabout?

And truly, what does knolwedge of partitions, &tc. have to do with making a
standard. I still would need that info now if things had been easier. As it
stands I got what I was looking for: a rather intense intro to 'Adding Hard
Drives - Prepping'

At 09:31 AM 1/10/97 +0100, J Wunsch wrote:
>As Terry Lambert wrote:
>
>> I happen to agree with Ken here.
>>
>> When will devfs be standard so we can implement physical to logical
>> translation layers and make this whole problem go away?
>
>That's only one part of the story.  You still have to understand the
>difference between slices, partitions, filesystems, and mounting.
>
>--
>cheers, J"org
>
>joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
>Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

--Ken
Ken Ingram	kingram@ipro.com   |
				POST NO BILLS