Date:      Sat, 4 Jan 1997 14:59:45 +0000
From:      elec@dns.cenida.it
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help modem

> On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, [iso-8859-1] Hansjörg  Hofer wrote:
>
> > I want to use my old internal Modem with a Rockwell (91) RC144DP
> > Chipset Uart 8250 on my FreeBSD v2.1.5 Computer.
> > The Setings of the modem are com2 02f8 and Interrupt 3.
> > I have set this in the menu with -c ,visual sio1 02f8 and I 3.
> > But on the boot i can see sio1: at 02f8 not found.
> > What can i do ?? (I have read the FAQ and some other help files without
> > results )
>
> This modem doesn't have a special program you have to run to access it,
> does it?  (ie, ComIt)
>
> Many internal modems are broke and don't probe properly.  You might try
> setting it to COM1.

I have testet to set the modem at COM1 but the result is :
sio0 not found !!

And MSD (from a boot disk) have told me with the same settings:
Dos can find the modem.
			      modem
                                  COM1:      COM2:
                                    -----
Port Address              03F8H      02F8H
N/A Baud Rate           2400         2400
Parity                          None       None
Data Bits                         8              8
Stop Bits                         1              1
Carrier Detect (CD)        No         No
Ring Indicator (RI)          No         No
Data Set Ready (DSR)    Yes        No
Clear To Send (CTS)       Yes        No
UART Chip Used          8250    16550AF

Some other BSD user have wrote that i must write some in the kernel !
Is this true ?? What changes i must made in the kernel ??

Please HELP me to use this .. modem.

ThanX
		by ELEC