Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:44:31 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gtk-2 depends on gtk2

--==_Exmh_1189889071_21733P

I just started updating gtk20 on all of my systems. It failed to
uninstall the old version due to a circular dependency. gtk-2.10.14_1
wa dependent on itself. I found the same problem on every system.

Then I tried a 'pkgdb -F' and found lots of problems with circular
dependencies, mostly involving xorg-libraries. It is now dependent on
cairo, pango, pixman, and others which are dependent on
xorg-libraries. This looks very wrong to me.

NOTE: I had already installed upgraded to xorg-libraries-7.3 and I
suspect that it has a bad interaction for some of the Gnome stuff. I
just don't know if the problem is in xorg-libraries or in gnome.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)

--==_Exmh_1189889071_21733P