Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:29:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kyle Wayman <kwayman@tomservo.ee.calpoly.edu>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Advice on SMP

I admin a system with about 800 users, about 3-400 moderately active.
We got a new server, a dual pentium pro 200.  Our old server was
running FreeBSD, so it was nice to just stay with this OS so that
we would be sure that all our services would continue to work on
the new machine.  Well, now we (my boss mostly) are anxious to get
the new server up to its full potential.  I want to try FreeBSD SMP
but I want to know how likely it will work well enough for our needs
and how hard it would be to go back to a UP system if it doesn't
work out.  Any help/comments would be appreciated.