Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 1995 16:27:05 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, vince@apollo.COSC.GOV, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: machine reboot & kernel maxusers option

>>> Ollivier Robert said:
 > It seems that Amancio Hasty Jr. said:
 > > Should device drivers during boot time  print messages of devices not foun
     d ?

 > Well, it is useful to see if one of your devices is not found... and you're
 > not supposed to reboot that often (unless you run -CURRENT that is).

I don't buy that since at boot time all drivers print a message to the
effect that the device was found and configuration information.

The only question which is left unaswered is the kernel configuration information used to build the kernel which I think should be part of
the kernel and a respective utility to dump the configuration information
either that or an application to query the kernel to dump the configuration
of the system akeen to the same information used to build the kernel.

Sometimes, I have several kernel versions of the kernel and I forget how
each one was configured :(

	Have fun,
	Amancio