Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:59:14 -0500
From:      Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
To:        Heinz Mauelshagen <mauelsha@ez-darmstadt.telekom.de>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tag Queue Depth List?

Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

> Is any list available containing SCSI drive / tage queu depth pairs?

Quantum Fireball Tempest -  no more than 13 to be safe
   "       "     Stratus -  hard limit of 8 in firmware
Other Quantum drives     -  tend to do OK at around 24
Seagate drives           -  I recommend from 24 to 32
Micropolis drives        -  I don't recommend TQ operation
Iomega Jaz drives        -  some models silently corrupt with TQ
Fujitsu drives           -  seem to be fine with 24 to 32, but I've
                            only got personal exp. with the M2934S
Others                   -  ? No personal exp.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford@dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but