Date:      Sun, 02 May 1999 22:59:15 +0900
From:      horikawa@jp.freebsd.org
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        graphite@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/11444: Remove japanese/groff/patches/patch-ab

>Number:         11444
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Remove ports/japanese/groff/patches/patch-ab
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

All platforms which use ja-groff-0.99

Please remove patch-ab from ja-groff-0.99.

I requested this to ja-groff-0.99's maintainer in March, but I cannot
receive any responses from him.  I am a originator of ja-groff-0.99's
patch-ab.

The patch-ab is a patch to unify appearance of space characters in
formated texts.  The purpose of this patch was to reduce jobs of jpman
project members (English-Japanse translators of FreeBSD online
manuals), by unifying appearances of space characters in formated
texts even if usages of space characters in roff source texts are not
unified.

Today, we found that patch-ab causes some problems.  For example,
patch-ab corrupts ASCII pictures in Japanese online manuals.  And we
have more experiences to unify usages of space characters in roff
source texts.  So I believe that patch-ab is meaningless today.

This is the reason of my request to remove ja-groff-0.99's patch-ab.

>How-To-Repeat:

	<Code/input/activities to reproduce the problem (multiple lines)>

>Fix:

	<How to correct or work around the problem, if known (multiple lines)>