Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 08:17:13 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: CVS munging RCS Id's (was Re: sup is fetching whole src tree)

As Nate Williams wrote:

[$FreeBSD$ RCS keyword]

> Both NetBSD and the XFree86 folks do this now, and while I admit it's a
> good idea it'd be a bit more difficult to do at this stage of the game
> than when we first did the 2.0 CVS tree.

Rod's opinion didn't seem to be too pessimistic that it can still be
done.  It's not only a Good Thing (TM), we do _need_ it.  E.g., it
would eliminate PR # gnu/449 (perl's $] variable is broken), and i'm
sure there's other not-so-obvious imported software wher we also broke
the original RCS ids.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/