Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:48:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      synrat <synrat@wirewalk.org>
To:        "L. Jankok" <lj@2u2.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: squid performance and kernel tuneables

I would say that with that much traffic first thing you don't want to do
is cache anything to the disk. Get a couple of gigabytes of memory, use
as few ACLs as possible, cache dns for squid on the same machine, but
don't use it as dns server for others, setup a logging server or disable
logging, disable everything the requires extra processing.