Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:13:18 +0000
From:      Carmel NY <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   "mount_smbfs" fails after update to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Windows Server, version 1709

--Sig_/TEg6aqL4WUwXs1/FJOwzMX7

Microsoft removed SMB1 support from their Windows 10 Fall Creators Update a=
nd
Windows Server, version 1709.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034314/smbv1-is-not-installed-win=
dows-10-and-windows-server-version-1709

"Samba" shares no longer show up in the MS Network, although they can be
reached by typing in the address, "\\Bios-Name" in the address bar. I have
found a workaround for that however.

My problem now is that the "mount_smbfs" command no longer functions. I ass=
ume
it is trying to use the "SMB1" protocol, although I am not positive. I don't
see anyway to force it to use either "SMB2" or "SMB3" instead, if that is in
fact the problem.

--=20
Carmel

--=20