Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:53:27 -0600
From:      AndyGroz <agroz@uslink.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   install problem - can't find \bin

I'm not sure if the other message got thru...

I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.8 on a 486 system (32Mb, 1.5 gig,
Cyrix 66Mh)
 It gets thru most of the installation except I get the infamous
'write error-1 ' that (from the mailing list archives) I gather
means you don't have the \bin dist. in the right place - but it's right
there in (\dosc)\freebsd\bin\ " " ". No dice.
 bin.inf is in there, and in \freebsd. No dice.

It installs \manpages, \docs, \src, etc with no problem - but
cannot find the \bin files- in the same directory.
I am lost.
I did a usenet search, and mailing list (4 hours  of reading) and no
clues that work.

Ideas/suggestions?

-
agroz@uslink.net