Date:      Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:28:11 -0400
From:      Ryan Stone <rysto32@gmail.com>
To:        Bernhard Froehlich <decke@freebsd.org>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for Testers: VirtualBox 4.0.6 (PBIs now available)

(Sorry for the noise earlier about the PBIs not working under PC-BSD;
I'm not sure how I missed that had been already reported).

I tried the new amd64 PBI and I am able to successfully start VMs now.
 I had one VM(running some relatively recent version of amd64 HEAD)
boot up fine, but a second one (also running amd64 HEAD, but maybe a
different svn revision) gets a Guru Meditation during startup.  I'm
not sure what is causing the crash.  In their original configurations
the working VM booted off of an emulated IDE disk while the broken VM
booted of an emulated SATA disk, however I just tried changing the
SATA disk to instead be an IDE disk and it doesn't seems to have
resolved the problem.

I'm not getting a corefile for the crash(or I'm unable to find it).  I
do have kern.sugid_coredump=1 and I'm running the PBI.  Is this
expected for a Guru Meditation, or should it be putting a core
somewhere?  I've put the VBox.log for the most recent crash here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~rstone/vbox-4.0.6/VBox.log

This seems to be easy to reproduce so let me know if there's any more
information that I can gather.

Also, the working VM was emulating uniprocessor machine.  I tried
adding a second CPU and that VM started crashing, too.  I tried
changing the broken VM to have only one core but it still crashes.
I'm not sure if it's related to the first crash or not.