Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2019 15:53:14 +1000
From:      MJ <mafsys1234@gmail.com>
To:        William Dudley <wfdudley@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: openwebmail broke with latest update

Hi Bill,

On 26/08/2019 12:30 am, William Dudley wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> I left my debugging attempts out of my email to the list.
>
> I checked the permissions, and they are as they should be: 4755 for
> openwebmail.pl, owned by root:mail.

Can you run the openwebmail.pl script in the directory?

Look, curiosity took hold and I decided to install everything in a new VM, :-)

FreeBSD freebsd 12.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE r341666 GENERIC amd64

(and that may be a problem, the version of bsd though I doubt it.)

Anyway, installed perl, apache and openwebmail. After a bit of torture with apache (I'm a lighttpd/nginx person I should've installed that - I just assumed you're running that, sorry) I got things working.

So, it's not the packages, it's a file. Perhaps check in /usr/local/www/cgi-bin/openwebmail if all the .files in there for the perl scripts have the correct permissions (these don't need the 's' sticky bit though, that's the domain of the C wrapper called openwebmail.pl). In my config they're all 755.

Regards,

Mark.