Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:15:29 +0900
From:      Kimura Fuyuki <fuyuki@hadaly.org>
To:        henrik.motakef@web.de
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Whats up with share/xml/catalog?

> I just noticed that ${PREFIX}/share/xml/catalog changed to the XML
> catalog format.
>
> First of all, this is a bad idea IMHO, scince it breaks PSGML and
> nsgmls for the XML DTDs without a good reason - it would be better to
> at least have both the XML version and old-style catalogs avaiblable.

The reason is that XML catalog is better for the XML DTDs. I hope
PSGML implements the XML catalog parser. ;)

Just a thought for coexistence:

  share/xml/catalog.xml  (XML catalog)
  share/xml/catalog      (SGML catalog)

...hmm.

> On a more practical note, given that I didn't notice any changes for
> mkcatalog, how am I supposed to add DTDs that go in share/xml/* to the
> catalog? Is there a replacement for mkcatalog, or are there new
> options I didn't recognize?

I don't know any alternatives to mkcatalog.

See textproc/scrollkeeper/pkg-install

-- fuyuki