Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:47:44 -0700
From:      Thomas Hentschel <thomas@hentschel.net>
To:        Multimedia <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Speak Freely (sfmike hangs)

    Hi all,

I've encountered a problem with Speak Freely's sfmike. When a connection
is established, sfmike will transmit correctly once. After that, when
"the mike is keyed" again, sfmike just hangs, won't transmit and won't
accept any input from the terminal. The -d option doesn't give any clues
either. Anyone has seen this (and a possible fix for it ??)

My setup:
            P 150, 48 MB
             FBSD 2.28
            Opti 931 with Luigi's drivers
    I've tried the SF version in the ports tree and the current one from
www.fourmilab.ch

    I'm trying to connect to a W95 machine with a half duplex soundcard
and the Windows version of SF (7.0 beta 4 / beta 3).

    TIA

    -Th