Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 14:50:10 -1000 (HST)
From:      FreeBSD mailgroup <freebsd@guarddog.comptime.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wireless Solution under $10K

If it's point-to-point, I'd look at Lucent WaveLan. The multipoint
protocol running in the Aironet eats up about 1/2 the raw bandwidth. The
Lucent stuff's simple CSMA protocol gets you about 80% of the bandwidth,
it's cheaper too.

The 4mb (raw) Aironet radios mentioned below are about $4500 each, will get
you a little over 2mb at the application level. The 2mb Lucent (at under
$2000 for the bridge) will get you about 1.7mb.

This isn't ment to degrade Aironet. Great multipoint stuff. We use it
alot, much better management too.

Forget about 10mb < 10 grand (both ends), dosn't exist.