Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:23:23 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Nika Vidal <nikageek@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with graphics/php4-gd

--uXxzq0nDebZQVNAZ

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 01:52:38AM +0200, Nika Vidal wrote:

> I'm trying to install coppermine image gallery on my FreeBSD system,
> but it depends of graphics/php4-gd.
>=20
> php4-gd needs installing X11 but I don't want to install it, there is
> any way to install php4-gd without installing X11??

It's not graphics/php4-gd that depends on X11 itself, but the
graphics/gd port.

You can certainly install graphics/gd without having to install the
X11 client libraries -- you can even install it with Xpm support and
without the rest of X11.

Install graphics/gd like so:

    # cd /usr/ports/graphics/gd
    # make clean
    # make install WITH_XPM=3Dyes WITHOUT_X11=3Dyes

or, if you're a portupgrade user, add the following to the MAKE_ARGS
array in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:

    'graphics/gd'  =3D>  [ 'WITH_XPM=3Dyes', 'WITHOUT_X11=3Dyes', ],

Whichever way you choose, then go on to install graphics/php4-gd as
normal.

Actually 'WITHOUT_X11' is used by many ports that have optional X11
support, so for an X-less machine, putting WITHOUT_X11=3Dyes into
/etc/make.conf is a pretty good idea.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20