Date:      Mon, 15 May 2006 16:21:02 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        "Zimmerman, Eric" <Zimmerman.Eric@con-way.com>
Cc:        shaun@inerd.com, freebsd@jdc.parodius.com, robin@isometry.net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dovecot 1beta8 + kqueue = no mailbox folders in Horde/Imp menu

[ horde and dovecot maintainers cc'ed ]

On Mon, 15 May 2006 08:02:15 -0500
"Zimmerman, Eric" <Zimmerman.Eric@con-way.com> wrote:

> Last night I updated dovecot to beta8 via ports and, based on the
> ports notes, added kqueue support via make config.  Email via
> thunderbird worked fine but this morning when I logged into my mail
> via Horde/Imp, I could no longer see any of my mailboxes in the left
> menu in Horde. Horde still saw my mail and folders via the main Horde
> page, so it is talking to Dovecot properly it seems
>
> After playing around with some settings and verifying config files, I
> tried recompiling dovecot beta8 without kqueue support.  After I did
> this and restarted dovecot everything worked as expected and I see my
> mailboxes again in the left hand menu
>
> So is this a dovecot issue, kqueue issue or Horde issue?

Anyway it isn't a local (port) problem and it should be reported
upstream; please coordinate with the maintainers of horde / dovecot to
analyze the issue and give proper debug info to the developers
responsible.

> This was my first time playing with the kqueue option so I don't even
> know if I need it. From the port commit notes it sounded like kqueue
> was a good thing though. =)

I won't backup the update since it fixes a security problem but I'm
willing to commit fast a patch if I someone sends me one (I don't use
dovecot).

The commit message is based on the PR content which is based on what
the dovecot developers said.

--
IOnut
Un^d^dregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"