Date:      Sun, 08 Feb 2004 21:31:10 +0800
From:      "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail to a smarthost?

Hello. In my LAN the DNS server is my ADSL modem ... small device that
cannot do MX type of address lookup. I wish to configure a fax server
(FreeBSD 5.2 + Hylafax) in the LAN to send emails to a group of people upon
receiving fax. The problem is hylafax fax server can only use sendmail to
send fax notification, but sendmail can send out emails only when it knows
receipiant's MX ip.

The only way I can think of is to let sendmail send mails by using my ISP's
smtp server (need login). But I read sendmail(8), I didn't find how to
configure sendmail to do this, nor did I find such information on the
handbook. I'm not familiar with sendmail config.

I hope I'm clear:) What should I do now? Do you have something to suggest
me to read? Thank you.