Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:43:51 +0100
From:      Thomas Zenker <thz@Lennartz-electronic.de>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP stack still hosed?

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 09:23:37AM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 10:54 AM 12/13/01 +0100, Thomas Zenker wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >after making new kernels I have noticed a dramatical performance drop
> >in the tcp stack.
> >
> >"host-242" is installed, the release is fetched from "mezcal".
> >Both are connected to a switch 10/100TX, mezcal has a fxp running
> >with 100baseTX, host-242 has a NetGear USB/ethernet adapter (10TX).
>

> I seem to recall a number of USB commits recently. Could it be driver
> related ? What if you did it with 2 fxp cards ?
>
>          ---Mike

see my other mails as well, I did backout the netinet stuff back
to 20 Nov. and all works well. Probably it has to do with loss of
packets in the switch changing from 100Mbps to 10 Mbps, and then
tcp falling in strange recovery behaviour?? Could try to track down
the change more precisely.

-- Thomas Zenker
   c/o Lennartz electronic GmbH
   Bismarckstrasse 136, D-72072 Tuebingen, Germany
   Phone:  +49-(0)7071-93550
   Email:  thz@lennartz-electronic.de