Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:58:41 +0200
From:      <rusty@gftm.eu>
To:        <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Wine and xorg-1.7.7_1,1

I upgraded this box from 8.2-RELEASE to 8.2-STABLE over the weekend, redid =
all
my ports and tried out Lord of the Rings Online using the latest wine from =
the
mediafire repo.

The only image I see on loading the game is a 10mm sq box in the bottom lef=
corner of the wine window.
As the game had worked flawlessly before I upgraded I thought I'd try nvidi=
256.53 and nvidia 275.40.19, no joy. I then tried 6 or 7 versions of wine f=
rom
the mediafire repo, no joy.
I installed wine via the chroot method per the freebsd wiki, no luck with t=
hat
either.

On another HDD I installed 9.0-CURRENT, setup xorg+wmii via packages and ha=
d the
same result as above.

Finally I put 8.2-RELEASE on another HDD, pulled in xorg+wmii via packages =
and
the game worked straight away.

8.2-STABLE and 9.0-CURRENT share the same xorg version 1.7.7_1,1 while
8.2-RELEASE has xorg 1.7.5_1,1

Games that can use OpenGL do work on 1.7.5_1,1 but don't on 1.7.7_1,1

Any ideas?