Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:09:04 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: world builds but doesn't install

On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 11:11:51AM +0930, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> wrote:

> > Whats more interesting, the July 19 sources which built and
> > installed fine before now doesn't install anymore. Exactly same
> > message. I've downloaded the fresh sources just to be sure I
> > haven't screwed something. No difference. I don't understand
> > for what the .ph suffix stands for and what the install
> > procedure does in this phase, it seems doing some perl stuff.
> > What's happening?
>
> Good question.  I just did a make world, and it went fine.  And the
> UDMA brokenness is gone again.

Oh well, I screwed up my system so badly finally, swapper dumped core
and I got crashes everytime the fsck hope to fix my filesystems, seems
that I mixed different versions of binaries and kernel. I went with
binary upgrade route and so far all works again, thought I haven't
tried to do make world yet. Thanks for your reply, it's really
my system which is screwed up.
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee