Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 1997 00:03:15 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Martin Heller <mheller@student.uni-kl.de>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving CD audio data around with HP 4020i

> >> There's a lot more involved than just copying.  IIRC, CDs record at
> >> 41.4 ksamples/second, and DATs record at 44 or 48 ksamples/second, so
> >> you'd effectively have to remaster.  I suppose straight interpolation
> >> would work, but it's still a lot of processing.
> >
> > I do not think that its so esay, but there are  programs for professionals
> > who can do this.
>
> Any comments on the difficulty, or the appropriateness of linear
> interpolation?  Of course, you'd need to know the block format.

Linear interpolation is trivial, and would probably yield an acceptable
result.  A polynomial interpolation would yield a rather more faithful
conversion, with a speed tradeoff of course.

Bah Humbug.

--
\\ Sometimes you're ahead,                  \\ Mike Smith
\\ sometimes you're behind.                 \\ mike@smith.net.au