Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:44:49 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Parthasarathy M. Aji" <partha@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel file I/O

In message <Pine.GSO.4.21.0004142218410.13989-100000@mackerel.cs.duke.edu> "Parthasarathy M. Aji" writes:
: I know how to read and write to a text file in the user level , but I am
: assigned the task of reading data from a file while writing a  kernel
: level C program. I don't know what functions to use, can any of you help
: me. If you can point me to some web links or some code it would be really
: helpful.. Thank you..

Sounds like an interesting class assignment.  You best bet is to trace
through the system call stuff and boil it down in the kernel.
Shouldn't be too hard to track down.  System calls like
read/write/open/close are found sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c.  That's a
good place to start.

Warner