Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2012 08:33:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us>
To:        =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Karli_Sj=F6berg?= <Karli.Sjoberg@slu.se>
Cc:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Hang when importing pool

---559023410-424528793-1343741639=:27589

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012, Karli Sjöberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I´m really struggling with this. I have had a pool with imported
> filesystems from a Solaris system that had dedup activated. Then,
> when the time came to erase them, it just stalled. When rebooting,
> it stalled again at mounting filesystems, and since then, I´ve
> installed two USB drives to act as root pool with
> FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE so that I could import the original pool in
> recovery, but it always stalls after a couple of hours. Looking at
> top, I could see that the 16GB RAM was maxed out, so I have heavily
> tuned down kmem, arc, etc:

I think that you will need to find some way to temporarily add a
dedicated L2ARC device (preferably an SSD or maybe iSCSI to a LUN on a
machine with huge memory) or to find a machine with a lot more RAM.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/