Date:      26 Aug 2002 16:30:23 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com, FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does Gaim or Everybuddy actually work on FreeBSD 4.6Stable?

--=-w1qu/F1XXfJIwlsopjhZ

Hi Joe,
   Strange in /usr/ports/net/gaim, the only name listed there is
Jim@FreeBSD.org, which is the e-mail address that I referred to.

This is my mistake, I do apologise for that, I now see that
marcus@FreeBSD.org is indeed listed in the ports page on FreeBSD.org.

Do view my "Reply to ALL" here as my offering of as public an apology as
I could possibly make it.
Stacey

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 16:24, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 10:39, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > Hello,
> >      Does Gaim or Everybuddy (latest version as per currently ports
> > tree) actually work on FreeBSD 4.6 Stable?
> >=20
> > I've recently (over the last 36 hours) been attempting to install both
> > of these ports unsuccessfully. Unfortunately, the listed port maintaine=
> > hasn't replied to any of my postings (nor anyone else for that matter),
> > so before I struggle on in vain, I figured it best to at least determin=
> > if either of them is *supposed* to work.
> >=20
> > If not, fair enough, but it'll save me lots of time hitting a wall.
>=20
> I am the maintainer of gaim, and you haven't sent me anything.  gaim
> most certainly works on -stable.  I'm using it on three i386 -stable
> machines (two with GNOME, one without).
>=20
> Joe
>=20