Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 1995 22:29:15 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re:Make world dies in eBones

From: "Steven G. Kargl" <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
> cd /usr/src/eBones/lib &&  make depend all install cleandir obj
> cd: can't cd to /usr/src/eBones/lib
>*** Error code 2
>

> Sure enough /usr/src/eBones/lib does not exist.
> The command that preceded the `make world' was
>
> %sup -e -v -z stable-supfile
>
> which contains
>
> stable-secure release=current host=SUP.FreeBSD.ORG hostbase=/home base=/usr prefix=/usr/src delete old
>

> Did I miss something in the Great eBones Re-Organization?  I thought
> that was specific to current.  Note:  I am running FreeBSD-2.1-STABLE
> and I run sup every Friday morning to maintain my local tree.
>
> --
> Steven G. Kargl     | Phone: 206-685-4677 |

Well, the "current" stable supfile also contains this line:
#src-eBones release=stable host=sup.FreeBSD.org hostbase=/home base=/usr prefix=
/usr/src delete old use-rel-suffix

The secure target is also commented out by default.

You were trying to build updated secure sources with an out of date eBones
tree.  Sup the eBones bits and you should be okay.

eBones in -current is identical to the eBones in -stable.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM