Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2012 21:04:25 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@freebsd.org>
To:        Doug Sampson <dougs@dawnsign.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFSv4 ACL permissions setting

Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez Doug Sampson w dniu 31 sie 2012, o godz. =
01:42:

[..]

> group:DSP-production:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----:allow               =
<<<<<-----
> group:DSP-production:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----:allow               =
<<<<<-----

This itself looks like a bug in setfacl(1).  I'll look into it.  =
However...

[..]

> #!/bin/sh
> # run this script where you wish to effect the changes
> # reset perms to default
> find . -type d -print0 | xargs -0 setfacl -b *

Why the asterisk?  Also, using "-m" with NFSv4 ACLs is not a very good
idea - it's supposed to work, but with NFSv4 ACLs the ordering does =
matter,
and "-m" simply modifies the ACL entry in place, while the effect of the
entry might depend e.g. on "deny" entries before it.  Use "-a" instead.

--=20
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my =
body?