Date:      Mon, 09 Dec 1996 18:42:53 -0800
From:      Long To <lto@worldnet.att.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem compiling x programs

Hi All,

I have a PC system running FreeBSD 2.1.5. I installed XFree86 3.2 recently.
When  I tried to make install X programs (e.g, fvwm, xsokoban,... etc.) from
the ports collection. I got these error messages:
-L /usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm -lXExExt -lX11kb
ld: -lXExExt : no match
*** Error Code 1

STOP
I did a search on my system. Nowhere can I find these two mysterious library
files: libXExExt.*, libX11kb.*
Are these files missing in the XFree86 3.2 distributions? or I have a broken
installation?
Thanks for any advice!

VR,
Long