Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:10:25 GMT
From:      "danny h" <bsd_freebsd@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   The annoyance of the Linux hype when Freebsd is clearly better than Linux

Hello,

Currently I have an Apache Server running Freebsd 227
A machine running KDE 1.0 on Freebsd 227
A machine running Redhat 6 which is running KDE also
An NT Server running IIS4

So I have exposure to both Freebsd and Linux

Somethings really interesting:-

Maybe 50 out of 200 students in the school of IT use Linux Redhat( because
is the latest hype) and I am the only person in that University that ever
uses Freebsd.

I went to the software shop with intentions to purchase the latest version
of Freebsd but they have this whole area dedicated to Linux with books etc.
But no Freebsd

I went to yet another. The store use to have many copies of Greg Lehney's
book now all they have is all Linux books.

The article in "PC World" last month (in Australia) talks about "Operating
systems head to head" yet the article mentions Windows 2000, OPen Linux,
Redhat Linux but no Freebsd.

The hype is everywhere for Linux.