Date:      Thu, 19 May 2011 11:59:20 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Erik_N=F8rgaard?= <norgaard@locolomo.org>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.org Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD compatible mini-itx board

On May 19, 2011, at 11:46 AM, Erik N=F8rgaard wrote:
>> It indicates that they put faster RAM into the box, but ran it at a =
speed of 533MHz, which is slower than the memory is capable of running.  =
In some cases, doing this lets you run the RAM at lower voltage or with =
tighter timing settings of CL/tRCD/tTP/etc.
>=20
> Thanks, currently I have, well ancient RAM on an old VIA board and =
it's not really any reliable. That with the flacky disk controller on =
the VIA board is my reason to go Intel.

Yeah, I have one of the VIA EPIA M6000 boards, and the IDE controller =
gets flaky under load if there is more than one device attached.  =
Disabling the secondary channel on IRQ 15 helped some....

Regards,
--=20
-Chuck