Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2012 14:20:48 -0500
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Google spyware on FreeBSD Web site?

On 4 December 2012 14:00, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org> wrote:
> What's more, at least one organization which is paid to lobby for Google
> in Washington, DC has announced that it does not intend to honor, and
> does not recommend that Web sites honor, the "Do Not Track" header.
> So, even if users are knowledgeable enough to cause their browsers to
> generate this header (most are not), there is no reason to trust Google
> to honor it.

FreeBSD will be the party honoring it, not Google, even for
non-conforming implementations of the DNT header.

On 4 December 2012 14:08, pete wright <nomadlogic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have a link to this annoucement as well as an example of the
> Javascript that will deployed for dropping cookies and/or
> local-storage files from google that will deployed via *.freebsd.org
> servers?  I'd be keen to see more info on this.

The full patch will be released shortly but it will look something like:

if (window.navigator.doNotTrack !== "yes") {
     ( function() {
         var ga = document.createElement('script');
         ga.type = 'text/javascript';
         ga.async = true;
         ga.src = 'https://ssl.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
         var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
         s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
     })();

}

--