Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:42:43 -0800
From:      Marc Fournier <mfournier@sd63.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hudson -> Jboss7 Auto deploy ...

I'm having a bugger of a time here, and even one of the Hudson =
developers seems to be stump'd =85

I have a physical server with 3 jails on it =85 one running Tomcat7, one =
running jBoss7 and one running Hudson =85 Hudson has no problems =
auto-deploying to Tomcat7, but we can't get it to auto-deploy to jBoss7

I'm running both Hudson and jBoss7 using OpenJDK7 =85 and all three are =
installed from ports updated to today, so the newest versions =85 I'm =
also running the newest version of the Hudson Deploy Plugin (1.8), which =
does list jBoss7 as one of the supported deploy servers.

After I installed jBoss, I:

1. bin/add_user.sh <deploy user> <deploy pass>
2. edited standalone/configuration/standalone.xml and replaced 127.0.0.1 =
with the IP of the jail it is running in
3. bin/standalone.sh

But when I do a deploy from Hudson, I get an error about:

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to =
remote://10.5.254.56:9999. The connection failed
	at =
org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connectSync(ProtocolChannelCli=
ent.java:164)
	at =
org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementClientChannelStrategy$Establishing.ge=
tChannel(ManagementClientChannelStrategy.java:166)
	at =
org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.RemotingModelControllerClient.getOrCre=
ateChannel(RemotingModelControllerClient.java:138)
	at =
org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.RemotingModelControllerClient$1.getCha=
nnel(RemotingModelControllerClient.java:62)
	at =
org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementChannelHandler.executeRequest(Managem=
entChannelHandler.java:106)
	at =
org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementChannelHandler.executeRequest(Managem=
entChannelHandler.java:89)
	at =
org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.executeR=
equest(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:252)
	at =
org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.execute(=
AbstractModelControllerClient.java:151)
	at =
org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.executeA=
sync(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:111)
	... 23 more
Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all =
available authentication mechanisms failed
	at =
org.jboss.remoting3.remote.ClientConnectionOpenListener$Capabilities.handl=
eEvent(ClientConnectionOpenListener.java:315)
	at =
org.jboss.remoting3.remote.ClientConnectionOpenListener$Capabilities.handl=
eEvent(ClientConnectionOpenListener.java:214)
	at =
org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:72)
	at =
org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel.handleReadable(Translating=
SuspendableChannel.java:189)
	at =
org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel$1.handleEvent(TranslatingS=
uspendableChannel.java:103)
	at =
org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:72)
	at =
org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel.handleReadable(Translating=
SuspendableChannel.java:189)
	at =
org.xnio.ssl.JsseConnectedSslStreamChannel.handleReadable(JsseConnectedSsl=
StreamChannel.java:180)
	at =
org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel$1.handleEvent(TranslatingS=
uspendableChannel.java:103)
	at =
org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:72)
	at org.xnio.nio.NioHandle.run(NioHandle.java:90)
	at org.xnio.nio.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:184)
	at ...asynchronous invocation...(Unknown Source)
	at =
org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.doConnect(EndpointImpl.java:270)
	at =
org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.doConnect(EndpointImpl.java:251)
	at =
org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.connect(EndpointImpl.java:349)
	at =
org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.connect(EndpointImpl.java:337)
	at =
org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connect(ProtocolChannelClient.=
java:125)
	at =
org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connectSync(ProtocolChannelCli=
ent.java:134)
	... 31 more

I've tested the connection from Hudson -> jBoss:9999 using telnet, to =
make sure there were no unknown blocks in place, and it all seems fine =85=
 and, again, it works fine to Tomcat7 on the same physical server, with =
the jails setup the same way =85

Has anyone else successfully gotten Hudson -> jBoss7 Auto Deploy to work =
=85 ?  If so, thoughts about what I may be overlooking?  A port I need =
to install, maybe?

Thx