Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:16:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Net (FreeBSD.Org) List" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to enable SNMP on a FreeBSD router ?

I don't know if it's because of lack of knowledge on the ports system or
something else, but whenever I hear(see?) someone recommend software for
FreeBSD it's always from the software's distro site.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RECOMMEND FROM THE PORTS COLLECTION.

There is a search engine at www.freebsd.org/ports/ and everyone should
have installed the ports collection (if you didn't, then you can cvsup it)

In any case, a quick search of the aforementioned site reveals that you
can install ucd-snmp at /usr/ports/net/ucd-snmp, so a simple

(cd /usr/ports/net/ucd-snmp && make all install) should be all someone
needs to install it.

Thanks,

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Calvin M Meloon wrote:

> You can download ucd-snmp from University of California at Davis. Compile
> the snmp daemon to run on the system.
>
> 	http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/ucd-snmp/
>
> You download the source code and get pertinent information here.

- bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com - computer horizons corp -
-  ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - BF1560  -

	"Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect
	when taken in too large quantities" -Lord Dunsany