Date:      Wed, 08 Jan 1997 20:43:18 -0800
From:      shegonee@ix.netcom.com
To:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: netstat -r

Riddle Me This,
I have been trying to run named to improve lookup performance.
I edited the sysconfig file to use the "-b /etc/namedb/named.boot"
option with named.boot file that was installed. One Freebsd user recommended
that I put the following entry in the resolv.conf file:
nameserver      127.0.0.1
This causes my boot up process to really slow down.
Specifically, it stalls(or waits) during boot up when it is:
ifconfig for lo0
starting mountd
recover vi sessions
starting sendmail
I'm having to hit Ctrl-c at each point to continue with the boot process.
Can you explain this? Any help would be helpful!
Thanks
Kirk :)