Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 08:58:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
To:        faber@ISI.EDU (Ted Faber)
Cc:        ambrisko@whistle.com, nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cardbus controller status request / notebook update

Ted Faber writes:
| Doug Ambrisko wrote:
| >I guess my question is, that when booting -v with a 6832 what does the
| >probe return for the port of the 6832?  On my card it returned 0.  Then
| >when it set the emulation to work at port 0, it didn't work.
|
| Hurm.  Now *thatt's weird.  I'll take a look tomorrow, but I think
| your card has some funny defaults set.  Your override looked OK, but I

Yep.  I wouldn't rush in my patches yet, since this week I expect to
get the programing doc.  I sent my patch incase other people might be
having trouble since the latest PAO stuff also set this register.

| >a bit odd.  I have a 6832 eval card that goes into a PCI slot.  A cable
| >goes from this card to an ISA card to trigger ISA interrupts.  Kind-of neat.
| >Unfortunately I didn't get any programming doc's with this card so I need
| >to ask for them.  I have a belief that some laptop BIOS's have the code
| >to set this stuff up so old drivers work with the new chip.  Since, I'm
| >just using a standard old PC my BIOS doesn't touch it.
|
| Ye Gods, man, where'd you get *that* thing. :-) :-)

>From Cirrus Logic.

| Seriously, any sign of documentation for it?  Can you tell me what
| board it is?

I expect to get doc this week or next.  I've requested it via our contact.
Then hopefully I'll have a definition of all the registers on the chip!

| Your guess about BIOS setup being fritzed may be true.  Is the thing
| PnP?  Maybe we can init it through Luigi's PnP stuff.

Maybe I haven't checked that.  I could see what it shows up.  On one of
the floppies they have a com file to setup the card.  I may try to
disassemble it and figure out what it does (it's only 977 bytes).  I tried
running it under DOS and then rebooting with FreeBSD and that didn't help.

| Take all of that with a grain of salt, I'll know the right questions
| to ask once I look over the code tomorrow.

Any ideas are helpful.

Doug A.