Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 16:44:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vinay Bannai <bannai@best.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Matrox MGA card!!

I am trying to setup X server on 2.2.6 and running into all kinds of
problems. I have a Matrox MGA with 2MB. I went thru the xf86config setup
and when I run startx, I get the server to work but the resolution and
screen mod is crappy and I can't seem to cycle thru the various
resolutions by pressing ctrl-alt-+

The version of Xfree that i am running is 3.3.2. It deletes the modes
because they are outside of the horizontal and vertical ranges. It also
says that it is a unknown Matrox chipset and reports 64k video ram.

Can anybody shed some light on this? Should I replace the card?

Thanks
Vinay
--
Vinay Bannai                     E-mail: bannai@best.com