Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2000 22:58:05 +0200
From:      Olaf Hoyer <inferno@nightfire.de>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dutchmen at LinuxTag

Christoph Kukulies schrieb:

> Who of our dutch FreeBSD fellows were present at LinuxTag (LinuxDay in
> Germany) recently, spreading the word for FreeBSD?
>
> I have got a positive response of a Linux addict who said that
> these guys were very friendly, and he was considering buying a FreeBSD
> CD and using it in a webserver environment. But 90 Deutsch Marks OTOH was
> too expensive to him. (I'm feeling to be obligued to send him a
> complimentary copy of one of my 4.0 FreeBSD CDs).

Hi!

If you mean Stuttgart, then first, thanks a lot.

Well, it was probably Wim Vandeputte, a Belgian.

wvdputte@kd85.com

He actually was mainly promoting OpenBSD. The new 2.7 version of June
16th was available for 60 German Marks ~30 U$.

We also had the first CD of the WC 4.0 FreeBSD set for sale for symbolic
5 DM to cover some of our costs there (we had to drink a lot in those
halls without  air conditioning, and about 10-15 computers (varying with
the amount of notebooks brought to us for additional care and install
measurements) produced lots of heat.
(Was also a demonstration of stable CD burning and simultaneously doing
ftp and stuff at 8x. Pity was that the CD-R went too hot after ~50 CDs
the afternoon...)

Lehmanns (a big bookstore) also had some copies of their FreeBSD 4.0
distribution for sale for 40 DM.

Regards
Olaf Hoyer