Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:32:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, <lansil@users.sourceforge.net>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Bootable CDs (was Re: Interest in diskless booting?)

> > One of the students here at RPI worked on a project for the custom
> > cd-rom idea.  It's at
> >
> > http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/freebsdtogo/
>
> I've spent the weekend experimenting with the various methods of making
> bootable FreeBSD CDs.
>
> LiveCD died with an unlogged error just before it was ready to build an
> ISO.

Hmm... I've used LiveCD to build a CD with Apache/Postgres on it..  I
didn't use their scripts, but looked at the steps they were taking...
worked fine for me.  My mkisofs line looked like this:

mkisofs -b boot/cdboot -no-emul-boot -c boot/boot.catalog -R -J -V LiveCD
-o ../LiveCD.iso .

Of course, I can't tell you what version of mkisofs I used since I did it
awhile ago (3 months)  and have since upgraded the system.  Whatever was
current at that time...

-philip