Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 1996 12:30:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, ajones@ctron.com, questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X help

On Sun, 25 Feb 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> I suppose you aren't using the csh.  It does _always_ execute ~/.cshrc
> (that's the difference to ~/.login).  Bourne-alike shells don't
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE

Ahh, my mistake. I assumed, woops :)

xterm.8:
       -ls     This  option  indicates  that  the  shell  that is
               started in the xterm window will be a login  shell
               (i.e.,  the  first  character of argv[0] will be a
               dash, indicating to the shell that it should  read
               the user's .login or .profile).

This of course doesn't say it does not read .cshrc. And yes, I consider
csh/tcsh a superior shell to sh/bash.

== coredump@nervosa.com ================= http://www.nervosa.com/~coredump ==