Date:      Tue, 06 Nov 2001 20:20:29 -0500
From:      Allen Landsidel <all@biosys.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What NIC to choose ?

At 06:57 PM 11/6/2001 -0600, Chris Wilmes wrote:

>I must agree with Jeroen.  Here at Creighton U. we have installed the
>Linksys LNE100TX cards in all new machines for several years now (version
>2 and version 4.1).  This probably totals 1000 cards or so.  I think we've

Same here.. I use all Linksys LNE100TX's here on my LAN.  They perform just
as good performance performancewise as any 3Coms or Intels I've used, and
are far better than most cards with a similar price (read: DLink; BLEH)
they just don't have some of the advanced management features.

I've had one or two of the Version 2 cards go bad, none of the 4 or 5's.

They make some nice hubs and switches too; There is a 5 port hub that has a
built in repeater on the uplink if you need to go to another hub, up to
100m (or was it ft) away.. better than the 10 you're "allowed" to run
without a repeater.  I have their 16 port unmanaged 10/100 switch also and
it works like a beauty.

-Allen
http://rfnj.org