Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:48:34 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FIB and jail regression [Was: can't reach jails own ipv4 from inside anymore]

--------------enig455941E9DC21E580F3C46D5F

 schrieb Harald Schmalzbauer am 19.12.2012 12:56 (localtime):

>> I have more oddities I wanted to check with jails and lagg-interfaces
>> together with VLANs, but I have no idea why I can't connect from one
>> jail to it's own IP(v4) anymore!
> Found out that defining a different FIB causes that behaviour in 9.1.
> But using a different FIB doesn't caus the same in 8.2!

Easiest way to reproduce:

Just do a ping on the host (not jail)

setfib 0 ping anyLocalIP -> works
setfib 1 ping anyLocalIP -> doesn't work

Anybody with 9.1 and ROUTINGTABLES in custom kernel out there who can't
confirm that?

Turned out that 9.0-stable from Feb. 2012 doesn't show that problem.
So this problem seems to be introdued between 9.0 and 9.1.
Thanks,

-Harry
=20