Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 1997 23:53:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kent Hamilton <kenth@OnLineExchange.COM>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP Firewall Problems

I'm trying to use ipfw for the first time and I've rebuilt the kernel with
it in and set it to simple in rc.conf, heavily modified rc.firewall and
rebooted.  All I'm getting is the following

/sbin/ipfw add 1000 pass tcp from any to 192.168.92.69 25 setup
01000 allow tcp from any to 192.168.92.69 25 setup
ip_fw_ctl: neither in nor out
ipfw: setsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument

I haven't looked at the FAQ yet since I can't get to the net right
at the moment and it's late....

Anyone have any great examples on setting this and natd up, and better
yet suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Please reply to "KHamilton@Hunter.COM" since that's where I normally
read my mail.....

Thanks
Kent