Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:41:29 -0700
From:      "Maksim Yevmenkin" <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        "Jack T" <jackt123@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ng_btsocket_rfcomm_receive_msc: Got MSC on dlci=18 in invalid state=5

On 4/20/07, Jack T <jackt123@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all: As part of my class project, I chose to write a simple
> application using the Bluetooth Stack on FreeBSD.
> My first task is to generate and receive OBEX messages.
> Here is my code, and it does work (I get the correct reply codes
> from my Bluetooth cellphone), but each time after my program ends,
> the FreeBSD console emits the following 2 messages:
>
> ng_btsocket_rfcomm_receive_msc: Got MSC on dlci=18 in invalid state=5
> ng_btsocket_rfcomm_receive_dm: Got DM for non-existing dlci=18
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction on
> where I'm doing wrong? Thank you!

there is nothing wrong here. the messages above are just warning
messages. basically first one says that your cell phone sent MSC
(modem status control) command after rfcomm channel was marked for
'closing' and the last one says DM (disconnect mode) was received ater
we closed rfcomm channel. i have seen other bluetooth stacks do the
same thing. so it not a problem. i will need to mark those messages as
'info' so they wont show up by default.

thanks,
max