Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2003 02:52:58 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rebuild RAID 10 array

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:59:37 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.hardware you
wrote:

>Thanks.  I have been trying to get 3dm going but I have not had any
>luck.  I installed it via the port and started the service but I can not
>connect to port 1080.
>
>Any clues on that would be much appreciated.

I have found that if an existing drive hits a bad sector, you can=20
1) take the bad drive offline through 3dm
2) add back the bad drive through 3dm
3) select all the drives in the array and click on rebuild through 3dm

If you however power down the machine, pull the bad drive and put in a =
new
one, you need to reconfig the array in the BIOS first. i.e. add the
independent drive to the array and hit rebuild.  It will then boot and
start rebuilding in the background.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)=09
http://www.sentex.net/mike