Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 08:50:29 +0100
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ncr/pci problem

I reported a panic caused by an integer divide by zero trap
(located as of DG in pentium_microtime (off memory)). This was
repeatable as long as I had not set the PCI IRQ for that slot.
I was so eager to see the board working that I plugged it in
booted and - poof,panic instead of thinking and setting
the IRQ first.
mea culpa - though it is strange that an unset IRQ is causing
such behaviour - a diagnostic would sure be better but I don't
know whether it is possible at all to diagnose if an IRQ is set
for a PCI slot. (I'm no PCI expert at all)

So just to clarify - it was neither a ncr nor a 'general pci'
problem as I put it in that posting.