Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:55:50 -0600
From:      Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>
To:        chris@tci.com
Cc:        mmercer@ipass.net, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, me@T-F-I.freeserve.co.uk, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Confusion

This thread was originally about consumers, and I don't wish
to comment on this market.  This posting, however, goes into
other waters...

On 18 March 1999 at 21:35, chris@tci.com wrote:
[snip]
> I have to agree.  I've recently been fairly successfully in getting the
> NT admins where I work to to at least dip their toes in this stuff
> (Linux/FreeBSD).
[snip]
> In the Winders world
> (and, I would venture to say, in most others) the more recent version
> of Product X is always preferred over the older alternative.

This last sentence is simply not true in the real world, especially
with regard to ``.0'' releases.  IT professionals know this.

Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / nectar@FreeBSD.org