Date:      Wed, 26 May 2004 20:39:28 -0700
From:      David Johnson <david@usermode.org>
To:        Gao Long <urgaolong@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-libh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LibH or Anaconda ??

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 06:23 am, Gao Long wrote:

> But if someone piled the BSD into a set of RPM
> packages , then we can just install  a FreeBSD , even use a
> grub bootloader , and making RPMs of a base system is not a
> hard work.

Except that there is absolutely no reason to use RPM! We already have
our own package format that does everything RPM does and more. And
without several of the disadvantages.

Converting Anaconda's Perl scripts to use the pkg tools instead of rpm
should be a rather trivial. The major problems are elsewhere.

--
David Johnson