Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 10:05:27 -0400
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>, Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to burn

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Kent Stewart wrote:
> Trevor Johnson wrote:
> >
> > > I'm just getting interested in using my HP-8100i (atapi) to burn CD-R
> > > and CD-RW. Do you use mkisofs or do you burn directly to the cd. I
> > > will have to use burncd but I'm wondering what options you use.
> >
> > For many people, including me, burncd does not work.  See some of the
> > messages from the -current list:
> >
> > http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/147/2000/1/0/3078141/
>
> I just finished reading them. I didn't wait :). One of the points that
> either HP or Adaptec made on one of their support list's about burning
> cd's that died in the creation of the TOC was busmastering. I don't
> remember where I was reading that. It may only be a problem with EZ
> CD-Creator on Windows. I may have to follow my trail and see if I can
> find it again.
>
> I will end up trying to burn a CD fairly soon but I have yet to turn
> on _DMA_ kernel support for the ATAPI-cdrom. It is the master and
> there is a slave HD on the secondary controller.
> --
> Kent Stewart
> Richland, WA

I just tried building cd-write from the ports collection which was
cvsup-ed before I started, and main.cc says it can't find the include
file c++tk.h. Any clues as to where this can be?

--
Walter Brameld

Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
Walter:    And what does THIS button do??