Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 06:51:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Load Averages

Hello,

Was the way load averages are calcuated changed in
Freebsd 4.4? I had one server running 4.3 with loads
between 1.5 - 2.0 all the time. After upgrading to
4.4-stable friday dec 7th load averages on this server
are now rarely every above 0.10 which is a very
signifigan change. That computer is running all the
same things before and after the upgrade.

Would that polling code removed on 7th, but included
in my upgrade, have something to do with this? Its all
i can think of.

Any ideas?

TIA

Holt